The Court Theatre is looking for 20 young performers (aged 17-21) to form the 2019 Court Youth Company. To be part of the company you need to be committed, eager to learn, good at working with other people, have a love of theatre and performance and be interested in expanding your creative skills.
Auditions for the 2019 company will take place between the 9-11 November 2018 and will include these steps.
- Application Form – complete the application form below by Friday 26 October at 4pm and tell us about yourself, why you think you should be offered a place and what you want to gain from being part of The Court Youth Company.
- Workshop Audition – 50-60 young people will be selected to attend a workshop audition on Friday 9 November run by Riley Harter (Education Coordinator/Head Tutor), Rachel Sears (Programmes Manager) and Dan Bain (Associate Director). This will be a chance to explore playing creatively with a new group and making and devising together. We want to see how well you work with others, how well you contribute ideas and take on the ideas of others when working in small groups.
- Monologue Audition – up to 30 young people will be selected to prepare a short dramatic/comedic monologue to be performed from memory in a solo audition on Sunday 11 November. You will perform this for Rachel Sears (Education Manager), Dan Bain (Associate Director) and Ross Gumbley (Artistic Director). We want to see you make bold creative choices and we will also work with you on your monologue to see how you take direction.
- Company Announced – on Monday 12 November we will accept 20 young people to form the 2019 Court Youth Company.
The Company will begin with a weekend intensive on the 22, 23 and 24 February after that we will meet on Wednesdays (6pm-9pm) and Saturdays (1pm-4pm) during term time, exact term dates will be confirmed once we have announced the company.
- Being a member of the company costs $260 per term in subscription fees
- We do have 3 part and 1 full scholarships available, if you want to apply for one of these you MUST complete and email to Rachel the downloadable application form BEFORE your audition.
If you have any further questions about The Court Youth Company please get in touch with the Education Manager Rachel on, email@example.com