For young people aged 15-21
Training with our YOUTH CREW provides the skills required to operate safely under supervision in entry level roles and often leads to casual employment at The Court Theatre. Students are taught by a variety of professionals across the field and learning will take place through practical application.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of the roles and skills needed to work in performing arts and events venues;
- Work safely as part of a supervised crew on entry level tasks.
- Communicate and interact with team members.
- Receive instructions, give and receive feedback, reflect on learning.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of health and safety procedures and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate self-management skills, including time management and personal presentation.
Youth Crew members will experience tutoring, which will cover all elements of technical theatre, design and stage management. In addition to teaching Youth Crew will also have opportunities to be involved in a Youth Company Productions and Theatresports as crew.
Sessions are held at The Court Theatre, and sometimes offsite at places of interest, on Saturdays from 10am-1pm.
be involved, in a large scale way, in the Youth Company production.
apply for an internship within a department of choice to be conducted within the following year.
be considered for casual work at The Court Theatre.