Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei.
Duration: 11 May - 12 June 2020
Location: Touring South Island Primary Schools
Created by Rutene Spooner and Holly Chappell
ABOUT THE SHOW
Matatihi: Maia’s Journey of Bravery will expose children to stories and characters routed in the Canterbury rohe, taking the audience on a journey to discover Te waka o Aoraki; local mountains, lakes and legendary creatures. This show will inspire young people to be bold, to be proud of what makes them different and to carve their own path in the world. Matatihi- Maia’s journey of bravery is an action-packed, unapologetic and ﬁerce story of bravery told through live music, puppetry, kapahaka, song, story-telling and Te Reo Māori language.
Following its successful Canterbury tour, The Court Theatre will tour Matatihi: Maia’s Journey of Bravery to South Island primary schools from 11 May - 12 June 2020. Performances at 9.30am and 2pm Monday-Friday.
- $600 for audiences up to 120
- For audiences over 120 - $5 per additional child
- For audiences over 300 – no additional charge
- Maximum audience numbers for one show – 350
- There is no charge for teachers and school staff to attend the performance
- Week 1 (11 May) - Timaru, Geraldine, Oamaru, Dunedin
Week 2 (18th May) – Dunedin, Invercargill, Gore, Alexandra
Week 3 (25th May) – Alexandra, Queenstown, Cromwell, Wanaka
Week 4 (1st June) – Hokitika, Greymouth, Westport
Week 5 (8th June) – Nelson, Blenheim, Picton, Kaikoura